Sunday, November 1, 2009

Phishing for Fish


We just sent out an email regarding the fact that a phishing scam was going around trying to pretend to be our ISP and trying to get personal information from customers.

Customer: I just got your email about the phishing scam
Me: ok?
Customer: well in your message it says that the email shows there is a link to click on for the scam and not to click on it
Me: ok?
Customer: well your email doesnt have a link in it
Me: ok?
Customer: I see the paragraph stating that the scam letter contains a link but your email doesn't show the link so I can click on it. Since there is no link there to click on in your email, how am i supposed to click on it to know what I am not supposed to click on?
Me: Because you aren't supposed to go to the link, so we didn't put it in our email. We didn't want to give out the link because we don't want people to click on it.
Customer: well that makes no sense but ok, I wont click on it even though you didnt send it to me. Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Help Desk Humor: You can't help stupid. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com